Enjoy Wisconsin’s Four Seasons At One Of The Most Fun Hotels In Wisconsin!
If you love ‘The Great Outdoors’, natural living and perfect getaways. Visit Konkapot Lodge and see why guests tell us that we’re one of the most fun hotels in Wisconsin. With four seasons to choose from, you’ll find Konkapot Lodge has something unique to offer all year round. Located in Bowler, WI between Wausau and Shawano, we’re just a short 1 hour drive from the Fox Valley and only about two and a half hours from Milwaukee or Madison making this one of the easiest to reach hotels in the Northwoods.
Once you arrive you’ll find plenty to do no matter the time of year.
Here’s a glimpse of some of our guests’ favorite things to do:
• Walk or hike on one of our many trails
• Have a picnic in our Pavilion
• Enjoy a campfire with free supplied firewood
• Enjoy the beautiful backdrop of the Wisconsin Northwoods
• Watch the many types of birds that arrive to feed and frolic
• Playground for the little ones and outdoor games available
• An indoor mezzanine game room where guests may play cards or board games, relax and have fun.
• Sit around the cozy fire in our Great Room and take a turn playing the player piano
• Explore Native American culture first-hand by interacting with our friendly staff and owners
Nearby during All Four Seasons:
• Locate over 250 Barn Quilts in Shawano County with this self-guided driving tour
• Take a self-guided waterfall tour to places like Big Smokey and Keshena Falls
• Visit Pigeon River Brewing in Marion or the Kozy Yak Brewery in Rosholt and sample some of their hand-crafted beers
• Drive the short distance to Wittenberg and view the Walls of Wittenberg where brightly colored murals adorn the exteriors of downtown businesses, who host year round artistic events.
Hiking, biking, canoeing, tubing, kayaking, fishing are just a few of the many activities to enjoy while staying at Konkapot Lodge for a romantic or family summer getaway. Glimpse into the culture of the Mohicans or Menominee by attending one of the local Powwows put on by each of the tribes. Shop and visit the small towns nearby that hold an abundance of antique stores, art studios, flee markets and community events.
Fall in Wisconsin. Smell the fresh crisp air. Enjoy all of the wonders of the autumn harvest. Of course, take in the stunning scenery of our fall foliage that takes your breath away every year. The weather this time of year is perfect for cycling, hiking, walking, picnicking, and browsing local antique shops. The small town of Caroline celebrates Colorama in October. This is also a great time to visit the Menominee Logging Museum and take in a logger’s breakfast in an authentic logger mess hall.
A stay at Konkapot Lodge puts you right into the winter action, located near the Mountain Bay Trail which features over 83 miles of trails for snowmobiling, cross country skiing and snowshoeing. Downhill skiing is available at Granite Peak in Wausau. After getting a little fresh air, cozy up in our Great Room with its breathtaking 2-story stone fireplace. We’ll supply the hot chocolate!
Experience the awaking of nature with a spring getaway. Shorten your winter by visiting Konkapot for a refreshing getaway. This time of year, you may still enjoy cross country skiing or take walks. One never knows in Wisconsin! As things warm up sportsmen love trout fishing on nearby rivers and creeks and spring turkey hunting (ask us how to get your permit). Don’t forget, that spring is maple sugar time in Central and Northern Wisconsin! Visit one of the local sugaring houses to learn more about tapping maple trees and making maple syrup.
Visit us soon! And let us show you why we’re one of the most fun hotels in Wisconsin!